What is Innokul?
Innokul is an idea incubator and accelerator based in Kolkata that fosters an entrepreneurial ecosystem for successful start-ups in their relevant environment. We support businesses, social ventures, and non-profits that have the potential to successfully invigorate socioeconomic development in communities they impact. We achieve this by investing in ideas and people for a small equity stake. We offer programs to individuals or teams working on an idea that includes mentorship, educational, and financial components. The program typically culminates in a public pitch event or demo day.
Why is Innokul relevant?
There are several barriers to entrepreneurial success – lack of capital assets, disconnected social networks, gaps in core business acumen, and lack of experience in starting legitimate ventures. Innokul addresses all of them.
What are Innokul’s objectives?
• Offer a congenial environment and appropriate infrastructure for evolution of ideas.
• Facilitate idea exploration, feasibility analysis, and development.
• Provide necessary skills and tools.
• Support commercialization of ideas that have potential to be successful.
• Build student entrepreneurial skills and new ventures.
What does Innokul offer?
We offer our expertise and money to take an idea to next level. We assist with the following:
• Help with business basics
• Networking activities
• Marketing assistance
• Office space and shared administrative services
• Help with accounting/financial management
• Help with presentation skills
• Links to strategic partners
• Access to capital
• Comprehensive business training programs
• Advisory board members and mentors
• Management team identification
• Technology commercialization assistance
• Help with regulatory compliance
• Intellectual property management
How Innokul Program Works?
- We launch our program with an online, print, and radio campaign inviting online applications
- Applicants fill up a detailed questionnaire online describing their idea and team
- 15 applicants are selected for additional interviews
- 7-10 applications are invited to be part of the program
- Program curriculum to cover the following topics:
- Idea Exploration and Feasibility Analysis
- Structure of Startup Entity
- Processes required – Idea Specific
- Inputs – Raw Materials, Services, Labour
- Sourcing Options
- Quality Standards, Checks & Measures
- Marketing Research – Target Groups, Territory Identification
- Finance – Cash & Fund Flow, Accounting, Fund Sources, Banking, Taxation,
- Advertising & Publicity, Social Media
- Customer Servicing – Feedback & Response
- Seed Funding Program participants are invited to present their business at Investor Days in front of potential funders